These regulations relate to the hours that retailers are allowed to open on Sundays and Christmas Day. They restrict larger shops to a maximum of 6 hours trading on Sunday.
There are three pieces of legislation that apply to Sunday trading:
- The Sunday Trading Act 1994
- The Regulatory Reform (Sunday Trading) Order 2004
- Christmas Day (Trading) Act 2004
Tell us what you think should happen to these pieces of legislation and why, being specific where possible:
- Should they be scrapped altogether?
- Can they be merged with existing regulations?
- Can we simplify them – or reduce the bureaucracy associated with them?
- Have you got any ideas to make these regulations better?
- Do you think they should be left as they are?