These regulations aim to protect the consumer and ensure that the UK jewellery industry operates to high standards.
You can find all 11 regulations that relate to hallmarking here [opens in new window].
Tell us what you think should happen to these regulations and why, being specific where possible:
- Should they be scrapped altogether?
- Can they be merged with existing regulations?
- Can we simplify them – or reduce the bureaucracy associated with them?
- Have you got any ideas to make these regulations better?
- Do you think they should be left as they are?