Business Services: Open/General
This theme is now closed for comment. An announcement on Red Tape Challenge plans will be made in due course.
You can read comments made on this sub-category below.
Some of the regulatory areas that apply to all businesses have already been covered in cross-cutting Red Tape Challenge themes like employment-related law. However, given the importance of the business service sector in the UK economy, we invite you to identify the regulatory burdens which you believe are hindering growth in the business-to business environment and offer suggestions on how we might improve the situation. Specific examples of how the regulations adversely affect your business are particularly welcome.
So please tell us what regulations are a problem for you, what you think should happen to these regulations and why, being specific where possible:
- Should we scrap them altogether?
- Could their purpose be achieved in a non-regulatory way (e.g. through a voluntary code?) How?
- Could they be reformed, simplified or merged? How?
- Can we reduce their bureaucracy through better implementation? How?
- Can we make their enforcement less burdensome? How?
- Should they be left as they are?